POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mathematic curve - 52Ko - Breather.jpg (1/1) : Re: mathematic curve - 52Ko - Breather.jpg (1/1) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mathematic curve - 52Ko - Breather.jpg (1/1)
From: Mike Williams
Date: 9 May 2005 15:21:07
Message: <ecdkIGA2e7fCFw4M@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it kurtz le pirate who wrote:
>In article <8yyMzBAJ9lfCFw$B@econym.demon.co.uk>,
> Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

>>>I can do it as a parametric, but it's a bit slow, so I suggest using
>>>Ingo Janssen's "param.inc" approximation to speed it up. This code has
>>>been on my isosurface tutorial page since January.
>
>as usual mike, your the magician of isosurfaces but in this case,
>mesh2{} is more flexible and faster no ?

That's why I suggested using Ingo's "param.inc" approximation macro. It
takes the three functions that you would use in a parametric isosurface
and creates a mesh2 object from them. Creating the mesh2 from within POV
SDL means that it works without requiring a copy of 3D-XplorMath.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure