POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : warp function test images (76k and 28k) : Re: warp function test images (76k and 28k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: warp function test images (76k and 28k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Oct 2003 16:52:02
Message: <e7ro51-dfp.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
David Burnett wrote:

> It's just a straight forward multiplication
> of each part of the original point by the results
> of the function, so for the example images its
> equivalent to...
>
> f_crackle(x*f_bozo(x,y,z), y*f_bozo(x,y,z), z*f_bozo(x,y,z))
>
> [...]

I don't think this is a very useful interpretation of a function as a
warp, even if it leads to interesting results in this case.  The pattern
gets scaled by the value of the function - to imagine how this
influences a pattern seems quite difficult to me.

I think the most intuitive interpretation of a float function as a warp
would be the gradient - like it is used in the type 1 displace warp.

Christoph

Last updated 2 Sep. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______