POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] : Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image]
From: IMBJR
Date: 30 Mar 2004 16:42:21
Message: <e5qj601132s81pnsfecce1s916oorbgd3o@4ax.com>
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:24:53 -0600, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote:

>"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
>news:2nij609tp55csa8lhse4tmjtdtn9rm754d@4ax.com...| On Tue, 30 Mar 2004
>09:52:18 -0600, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote:
>|
>| The paper doll look is to some extent deliberate. A lot of my models
>| are designed with similarity in mind. I've had MIBs and running
>| figures riddled throughout my work. I like the clone look.
>|

>| Please understand that I do not care if my work is taken seriously or
>| not. I am not here to earn trust. The work merely stands as it does -
>| as an expression of my mind.
>
>Bull5h!+
>
>You attempted to explain your art to me in this very same post.

I attempted to explain it because an issue was raised. I would do the
same if asked to explain it. Otherwise I merely post. Why do people
struggle with this concept?

 It's
>hard to play rebel when you have (nick)named yourself after the icon of
>a *social* group, IMBJR. Don't insult my intelligence, and go sell
>"obdurate radical artist" somewhere else.

Pardon me, but my "nickname" is nothing of the sort:

Take the word CHAOS

Take the word ORDER

Treat each letter as if it had a value:

C + O / 2 = I
H + R / 2 = M
A + D / 2 = B
O + E / 2 = J
S + R / 2 = R

Hence IMBJR

As you can see, any resemblance to some social groups's icon is
actually purely coincidental.

PS. I'm no where near being a so-called radical artist. I derive
pleasure from permutating a smoking figurehead and like to ocasionally
dabble in the kitsch and even the sentimental. Hardly the stuff of so
called radicalism. You really do need to get the facts in.

And here is my personal posting "philosophy" again:

Yes, I don't require dialog, but yes, I will explain. It's a simple
idea.

> -Shay

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com