POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : favorite isosurfaces [22+25k] : Re: favorite isosurfaces [22+25k] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: favorite isosurfaces [22+25k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Nov 2003 17:42:02
Message: <e25591-k69.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
JRG wrote:

> Neat! I love them. Nice metal-glass combo. Of course caustics look way
> too sharp for such a diffuse lighting.

That's right - although you can get caustics even from diffuse lighting
in real life these look quite different,  possible solutions would be to
add a light source in the final render to make it look like more direct
light or to have much higher quality radiosity settings to get sharper
shadows from the HDR map.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______