POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : pov_io_base question : Re: pov_io_base question Server Time
21 Jul 2024 06:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov_io_base question
From: ABX
Date: 7 Oct 2002 05:22:49
Message: <e1k2qusklku3cvqp08gljdoo4jmkj5clf2@4ax.com>
On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 10:53:30 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> > Working on MPEG port I found useful to perform buffered reading: allocate
> > buffer and read fixed number of bytes there. The problem appear when there is
> > less bytes to read than specified.
>
> If you need to do that it indicates a flaw in your reading code.

That's not my code. I have found more difficoult limitations in libmpeg2
library I have to fix. For example the size of the buffer I had to set was...
1 byte :-)

> Every
> (reasonable) fileformat contains sufficient information to determine how
> much information is in the file

I agree, but then... what about ascii format, in particular POV scenes ;-)

ABX