POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox frustrations : Re: Firefox frustrations Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firefox frustrations
From: Kyle
Date: 17 Jul 2008 14:24:18
Message: <e13v74tu1d6e9h4ddccu6e1vk5hduujhq2@4ax.com>
On 17 Jul 2008 11:18:54 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  OTOH, there are about 5 billion extensions of Firefox. Should Firefox 3
>wait for all of them to be upgraded and tested before publishing?

No, and I'm not laying blame on Mozilla for releasing FF3.  However, DOM Inspector is
supposed to be compatible with FF3, and FF3 give it the thumbs up when it is
installed.  It just doesn't work for
me, so I get to complain.  :p

>  (No, I don't know if the DOM inspector is produced by the same team which
>is in charge of the main Firefox browser, but I assume it isn't.)

I believe the Mozilla team maintained the version for FF2, but I'm not sure about the
new version.  As a matter of fact, I think that the DOM Inspector was an optional
component during the
installation of FF2, but not so for FF3.

>  I'd say on the contrary: Publishing puts pressure on the authors of the
>extensions to update and fix them.

It's supposed to be fixed.  The version for FF3 is new.