POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Custom povray scene file reader (parse.cpp + tokenize.cpp) : Re: Custom povray scene file reader (parse.cpp + tokenize.cpp) Server Time
17 May 2024 05:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Custom povray scene file reader (parse.cpp + tokenize.cpp)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Mar 2006 04:35:03
Message: <dueb8o$j4j$1@chho.imagico.de>
human_2.0 wrote:

> I wont be converting everything in fact, certainly no variables or
> expressions!  And I was actually not converting to another language, but
> rather to commands to send to modo to create the same objects (boxes,
> spheres, etc), or named macros (of objects) and implement them again for
> modo.

That's not the point - you won't even be able to convert a simple scene:

#declare fn_rad=
   function {
     pattern { granite }
   }

#declare Obj=box{-1,1}
#declare Norm=<0,0,0>;
#declare Start=<1.5,2,1>;
#declare Pos=trace(Obj, Start, -Start, Norm );

sphere { Pos, fn_rad(Pos.x, Pos.y, Pos.z) }

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)