POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer (C++) : Re: OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer (C++) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer (C++)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 8 Aug 2001 10:15:07
Message: <dsh2nt03gaj1u2o17rgsiblue403sip45i@4ax.com>
Please... anyone!

What I know for the moment is that:

a) boxes don't render properly. The intersection routine correctly
identifies if a ray intersects a box but returns the wrong depth

b) spheres don't transform at all

c) boxes and spheres disappear when translated. Well, they might not
disappear, but they translate to the void (outside the field of view)
even with a small translation

There're more but I think they are related to the above.

Once again... please help me! I am really stuck, this is stopping my
project and I am badly falling behind schedule. Please... I want to
graduate :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg