POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Somewhat distorted...[570k] : Re: Somewhat distorted...[570k] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Somewhat distorted...[570k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Jan 2006 06:15:03
Message: <drcv9h$mj8$1@chho.imagico.de>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> Fantastic work. Is it just me or does the landscape look inverted? Or s
> this an effect created by the camera? For example the river in the lower
> right looks to be raised up and casts long shadows on the landscape.

Short answer: it is just you. ;-)

Long answer: we are quite used to the light coming from the upper left
in such images - therefore satellite images from the northern hemisphere
  commonly appear inverted.  You can either try to get used to it and
mentally 'reinvert' it or simply rotate the image 90 deg. to the right
as i suggested.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)