POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NewsForge article on povray's license : Re: NewsForge article on povray's license Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NewsForge article on povray's license
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Jan 2006 06:10:03
Message: <drcuqh$mc3$1@chho.imagico.de>
Chris Cason wrote:

> BTW that article has some inaccuracies, please don't take the quotes
> attributed to me as being exactly what I said.

The most striking probably is:

"...but prevent developers of Linux distributions from using code from
POV-Ray and calling it their own."

But as a whole i find the article quite well researched -
misunderstandings are unavoidable with such a complex topic.  There are
a lot of entry points for the interested reader to go more into detail.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)