POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Slackware 8.0 : Re: Slackware 8.0 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slackware 8.0
From: Peter Popov
Date: 19 Jul 2001 16:10:42
Message: <dr2dlto7u50g5s5rjf8i37buj43lf1vegk@4ax.com>
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:34:41 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>Well, I did a custom install to keep it small, but couldn't figure out what
>to install other than man pages.

The HOWTOs are another step forward, and then of course online
documentation. linuxdoc.org is a good start.

>Very simple.  The system was supposed to use two network connections.  One
>was Ethernet, the other ISDN.

Well, I have a modem and a lan on this machine (I am running Agent
under Wine right now :) ) I have a dynamic IP on the modem and a
static one on the lan card. This computer serves as a firewall, proxy
and cache for itself and the Windows machine. Works like a charm.

>> What would you need to start / stop? Daemons? Servers?
>
>Apache, PHP, MySQL, and an ftp client.  Nothing else, it should boot as fast
>as possible to I can turn it on on demand (the emulator consumes lots of
>memory).

Will do.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg