POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC wips, opinions wanted : Re: IRTC wips, opinions wanted Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC wips, opinions wanted
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Jan 2006 05:20:02
Message: <dqt1q8$ipt$1@chho.imagico.de>
Tek wrote:
> Here's 2 work-in-progress images for the "fire & ice" IRTC topic, I don't
> think I'll have time to finish both, so I want an honest opinion on which is
> better.
>
> I have a slight preference for one but I'm not going to tell you :)
>
> The first image is a comet (in the top left, near the sun) trailing icy
> fragments which are going to fall to earth and burn up in the atmosphere.
> Obviously this scene hasn't got the comet-tail effect, and the distant
> fragments aren't burning up, so this one requires a bit of imagination...

I like this although i would leave out the comet idea and just go for
earth + some rock/ice fragments.  The ice material is already quite
impressive - must be quite slow to render or did you use some fast fake
scattering technique?.  The only thing that bothers me is the grainy
reflection spot on the earth.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)