POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules : Re: The Rules Server Time
15 May 2024 04:57:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Rules
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Jun 2009 10:11:59
Message: <dqc735piqooh67uso7elm6e0mgejb2qbdr@4ax.com>
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 07:55:41 EDT, "Hildur K." <hil### [at] 3dcafemailevery1net>
wrote:

>"Michael Hunter" <int### [at] onenet> wrote:
>
>> Submissions are expected to primarily demonstrate and document the use of 3D
>> software. Scores are awarded based on artistic/conceptual, technical merit and
>> quality of documentation.
>>
>> That puts us back at three scores per image.
>>
>> So there you go! Problem solved. Right? Something missing?

Nor me!

>based on a brilliant idea.

It is the Technical rating that gets to me. Being a Pover, albeit I use a
modeller. I feel that I can score Pov scenes on Technical but how can I rate
something that uses software I don't know about?

Also a technically simple scene can look great so concept is important too.
--

Regards
     Stephen