POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Subject Line suggestion : Re: Subject Line suggestion Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subject Line suggestion
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Aug 2000 17:26:23
Message: <dplrosc5pc658rr4b0e4jg3ae7pjg4oerj@4ax.com>
On Sun, 6 Aug 2000 10:49:38 -0400, "Bill DeWitt"
<the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>    ... and even so, that would mean that it is available by automatic
>download even though the Evil MicroSoft Empire doesn't support* it.
>
>    *(As if other players come with it loaded already...)

Players play. Codecs code and decode. That's the beauty of it, a
player can use any codec and a codec may be used in any player (or any
video processing program for that matter).

The only players that I can think of that don't use shared codecs are
MPEG, Smacker, Bink and FLI players. That sucks because you can't use,
say, Bink in, say, Adobe Premiere, while you can use DivX;-)

And no, DivX;-) is not available through automatic download. Maybe the
original DivX is but I don't know if they are compatible.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet