POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Test Povray and Yafray. : Re: Test Povray and Yafray. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test Povray and Yafray.
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Jan 2006 04:50:04
Message: <dp88iq$j05$1@chho.imagico.de>
Hasan3 wrote:
> I tested simple  Povray and Yafray scene.
>
> Antialias:
> Povray settings : AA:0.01 , Yafray :AA:0.05
> Result : Yafray is better than Povray:(
>
> Light diffusion:
> Povray settings : Brilliance : 4
> Yafray setting : Default
> Result : Yafray is better than Povray:(
>
> But I like povray. I hope that Povray will develope.
> is this possible?

1) I don't see any indication in those images explaining why you think
one is 'better'.

2) The major differences between the images most likely result from
different scenes and render settings and not from differences in the
renderer abilities.

3) any such comparison that does not include render times does not make
much sense.

4) You are comparing apples and peaches - Yafray can only render
triangles while in POV-Ray you can create the cylinders as true
cylinders (which apparently you have not).

To sum it up: It would be great to see a qualified comparison between
Yafray and POV-Ray.  Gilles Tran some time ago did this for C4D and
POV-Ray (using radiosity and antialiasing test scenes and comparing
program features).  Your two images do not give much useful information
on this aspect though.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)