POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available : Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available
From: ABX
Date: 2 Jan 2003 05:53:57
Message: <do481v8qf80s9tm16632nvel7sg7ei5c9m@4ax.com>
On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:17:30 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> XHTML???  For what reason would any sane person use XHTML?  On the other
> hand, if your goal is to break as many browsers as possible, using XHTML is
> fine, of course.

I don't remember exact reason why xhtml was used instead of html. I'm sure it
was becouse of some of several DocBook tutorials but can't recall url.
Everyone of us tested documentation versions on his native platform and it
seemed to work. I have also posted a link to you and you said nothing about
not readable pages, so I don't understand so much panic in your sentences :-)
It is a first release mostly concerned on building team, effective environment
and learning cooperation. It worked and we are happy about that. We can now
make it better. Would you like to provide some references according to "sane
persons vs. XHTML" ?

> > html chunked: http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/html/index.html
>
> Well, seems to work fine everywhere.

Then it will be changed probably in the future.

> Except that Netscape 4.78 still
> doesn't render the preformatted elements correctly.  I really wonder what
> you did to break this?!?

Nothing intentionally :-)

ABX