POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : christmas competition : Re: christmas competition Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: christmas competition
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Nov 2005 05:24:25
Message: <dl4fm4$66q$1@chho.imagico.de>
Paul Bourke wrote:
> Well, christmas is approaching .... lots of time to devote to creativity ....

Yes, sure... ;-)

> who out there thinks it's time for another fun POVray competition? If you do
> then the harder question is obviously "what sort of competition?".
> ps: I'm offering to run/manage it.

I think something like a shortest code contest would be great, some
technical restriction providing a special challenge.  Possible directions:

1) only allow the use of a certain primitive.
2) provide a certain object that has to be used in the submissions (this
could be christmas specific).
3) provide a certain set of base scene elements (light source and camera
for examle) that has to be used unmodified in the scene.  This could for
example be a panorama view setup that is then rendered into an image for
  a panorama viewer.
4) combine any of the above with a code size restriction.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)