POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PovRay installation technical problem : Re: PovRay installation technical problem Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay installation technical problem
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Oct 2005 03:24:54
Message: <dk2001$k93$1@chho.imagico.de>
Walid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention the complete version number, it's povray 3.6.1a
> the official one available for download.

The MegaPOV download page:

http://megapov.inetart.net/download.html

clearly says that POV-Ray 3.6 (i.e. 3.6.0) is required for MegaPOV 1.1.
   I don't know if it also works with 3.6.1 but i won't count on it.
Note even the newer versions of MegaPOV (1.2 and 1.2.1) are based on
official source code package which has not yet been updated to the
latest versions.

In any case your problem could surely be solved by using two POV-Ray
installs, one for the official version, one for MegaPOV.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 22 Oct. 2005)