POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Will POV v4.0 still run on older systems? : Re: Will POV v4.0 still run on older systems? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 08:57:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Will POV v4.0 still run on older systems?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Oct 2005 13:25:01
Message: <djlpj4$aei$1@chho.imagico.de>
Warp wrote:

>   I don't see any reason why povray couldn't be compiled for Windows 98.

I don't see any either but this is completely beyond the influence of
the POV-Team.

Just for comparison: the Win32 platform is just about 10 years old.
Building current POV-Ray for the predecessor (DOS) is no more supported.
  It makes sense to assume that in 2015 (~10 years after the
introduction of Win64 assumed as the successor of Win32 for this
purpose) building the POV-Ray of that time (whatever version that might
be) for Windows 98 might be tricky.

>   A completely different story is whether there will be an official binary
> for it or not.

Indeed.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 22 Oct. 2005)