POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : kDevelop support for povray : Re: kDevelop support for povray Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:01:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kDevelop support for povray
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Oct 2005 11:20:01
Message: <die0mv$l4i$1@chho.imagico.de>
Lee McCuller wrote:
>     I haven't found an editor for povray that I really like yet, and
> while I am competent enough to use the cli I don't really want to deal
> with it so... I am considering writing a povray plugin for kDevelop that
> could support features like:
>
> povray projects
> in line documentation
> an insert menu
> render options

A few things you should consider:

- KDevelop is not a central component of KDE - most non-programmers
won't install it - it's not even part of the standard collection when
building from source with konstruct.

- there are few things possible in KDevelop that are not available in
Kate and that would be useful for POV-SDL work (except documentation
integration maybe - see below).

- Documentation integration would indeed be an advantage since for
KDevelop - you just need a toc file.  With such an index it is no
problem OTOH to offer documentation lookup from Kate either (like
already available for full text search on
http://www.imagico.de/kminpovgui/index.html)

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 07 Oct. 2005)