POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doodling Windows (WIP) : Re: Doodling Windows (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doodling Windows (WIP)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Aug 2005 04:50:01
Message: <de46c6$gm0$1@chho.imagico.de>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> I overdid the smoothing of the radiosity somewhat, which is way there are
> artifacts in the dark corner above that one window. I'll work on that on the
> next take.

Very nice.

I worked on a somewhat similar scene setup recently (different
composition, no direct sunlight) but it was technically more ambitious
(rough floor tiling) and therefore i did not mange to get so smooth
diffuse lighting.

This is a really good example how smooth and appealing lighting in such
a scene can be done in POV-Ray with quite reasonable render times (care
to mention?)

And i think the lighting - despite not being highly accurate - is better
than in a lot of images of similar scenes done with commercial renderers.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)