POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why do ISO surfaces slow down radiosity so much? - 1 attachment : Re: Why do ISO surfaces slow down radiosity so much? - 1 attachment Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why do ISO surfaces slow down radiosity so much? - 1 attachment
Date: 11 Apr 2002 05:26:27
Message: <ddlabu4fkrj1i166ol0q6ls3uktpcohidd@4ax.com>
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:14:43 +0200, "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:
> I don't know, but I imagine that each call to the isosurface during
> calculation of reflection, refraction, finish, radiosity, lightsources - all
> causes the isosurface to be evaluated again and again..

Additionally when ray is posted from camera then it is always compared with
boundingbox first. Usually camera is outside isosurface container so not every
ray causes intersection calculation. When reflection/refraction/radiosity/shadow
is calculated ray always starts from isosurface surface and therefore every ray
causes intersection calculation with surface itself.

ABX