POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Povray's Niche : Re: Povray's Niche Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray's Niche
From: ABX
Date: 2 Aug 2002 14:27:05
Message: <dcjlkus5pqib9qki580u4062matoh3atbl@4ax.com>
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:11:36 +0200, "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote:
> Disadvantages
> - requires basic programming/scripting talent

disadvantage ? it is the most funny thing for some :-)

> - raytracing is still too slow for professional animation purposes

watching can be considered as type of meditation

> - no native support for usual industry 3d file formats ; script not readable
>   by other apps

I agree about import but is script export so important ? so often repeated
'POV is raytracer not modeler' suggest the way how files should flow :-)

> - no native support for advanced modelling/animation features like inverse
>   kinematics or particle systems

yes

> - no native support for advanced shading, like cell shading or subsurface
>   scattering.

I hope there is some knowledge in community and we can wait for some patches
around it.

ABX