POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : media emission value : Re: media emission value Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:33:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media emission value
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jul 2005 02:15:01
Message: <db4vmr$9te$1@chho.imagico.de>
m1j wrote:
> I was looking for the part in media.cpp where emission of the media is
> applied to the radiosity values. When media is in the radiosity statement
> then the emission of the media adds to the radiosity. Knowing this I was
> going to tinker and see if I can increase the emission effect on the
> radiosity value. To make the radiosity value think there is more emission
> than there is.

Radiosity is calculated by tracing rays in the scene, just like normal
camera rays, there is no special handling of media for radiosity.  To do
what you describe you would need the media sampling code to selectively
increase the media intensity if a radiosity evaluation is detected.
Doing this does not make a lot of sense.  You can already achieve what
you want using the no_radiosity flag in MegaPOV - create one instance of
your media object with stronger media and no_image, no_reflection and
no_shadow and the normal one with no_radiosity.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 01 Jul. 2005)