POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : reported isosurfaces bug : reported isosurfaces bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  reported isosurfaces bug
From: Alan Kong
Date: 8 Dec 2001 05:23:21
Message: <daq31usvqcqirbnlau7er75kl1oc48t30f@4ax.com>
The following report was submitted in error to povray.bugreports.
--
Alan
ako### [at] povrayorg

**************************************
To: bug### [at] povrayorg
Subject: iso-crash-bug
From: "Thies Heidecke" <h3i### [at] gmxnet>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:03:59 +0100

Hi,
I get bizarre results when rendering the following code.
Sometimes the program crashes, sometimes it just hangs, or i get the
following err-msg:
[
    Scene contains 1 frame level objects; 0 infinite.
    Rendering Error: Maximum function evaluation recursion level reached.

    Returned from renderer with error status

    CPU time used: kernel 0.24 seconds, user 2.76 seconds, total 3.00
seconds
]

I'm using Version 3.5beta.8.icl.win32  under WinXP

now the code:
[
#version 3.5;

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  location  <0.0, 0.5, -4.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient y
    color_map {
      [0.0 rgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
      [0.7 rgb <0.0,0.1,0.8>]
    }
  }
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

// ----------------------------------------

isosurface {
  function { x*x + y*y + z*z - 1 }
  contained_by { box { <-2,-.5,-2>, <2,.5,2> } }
  accuracy 0.001
  max_gradient 6
  max_trace 4

  texture