POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer (C++) : Re: OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my littleraytracer(C++) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my littleraytracer(C++)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 8 Aug 2001 15:42:42
Message: <da53ntov8fnpb02dcs15kgcfm3ompe7u9e@4ax.com>
>Further, you define some functions in the class and then again outside, for
>example VCross.

This is intentional. It is for convenience, when you want the result
of VCross or VTransform to be stored in the same vector.

>Also, I would strongly recommend to normalise vectors only when necessary.

I will look into this. So far I only want to make it work :)

>sqrt is not only slow, but if you scale the vector a lot this way (you do so
>for nearly every vector operation) the error will build up and might be
>significant in the end.

Point taken.

>At least you should make Update an inline function
>to not waste more time on yet another function call.

This is up to the compiler, I guess. I will do some performance tests
when I fix them nasty bugs.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg