POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : distributed rendering : Re: distributed rendering Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:43:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distributed rendering
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Jun 2005 05:40:02
Message: <d9r5o1$ojm$1@chho.imagico.de>
junior_dball wrote:

> I tried this povany tools,but i had some difficulties to understand its
> uses.
> After i completed the installation ( the email communication module doesn't
> install for some dependencies reason ) i tried to run the povany_pm and
> povany_client but nothing really appened.
> Let me explain better: both programs were running (i tried to made them run
> again but one warning said it was impossible cos they were already running
> )
> but no .run file was generated.I tried to close them but without
> success,they were running after a reboot,too.

That does not make sense - the install script does not modify anything
that gets started during system boot and there is no way the tools can
survive a reboot.

Make sure you read the docs before starting the scripts:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/povany/docu.html

Note esp. the paragraph:

"All tools by default are started in loop mode. With the -c option you
can turn this off to run only once. In loop mode the scripts should not
be stopped by pressing CTRL-C but using the stop mode (-s) of the same
script. This makes sure the script exits in a clean state."

Once the scripts have been started in loop mode you have to stop them
with the described method - otherwise they won't start again - even
after a reboot.

It makes sense to use the verbose mode ('-v') for the scripts when
starting them for the first time - you will better see how the
processing works then.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______