POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Halfway done, and I think POVRay has a bug ... : Re: Halfway done, and I think POVRay has a bug ... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halfway done, and I think POVRay has a bug ...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Jun 2005 09:50:03
Message: <d9h2r6$7j3$1@chho.imagico.de>
Rick Measham wrote:
> I'm sure I'm not the first to note this, but I've applied a focal blur.
> Thus the buildings in the background are slightly out of focus and the
> orb in the foreground is *in* focus. However, the buildings reflected in
> it are further away from the camera (actually closer as the crow flies,
> but further as the ray flies). But nonetheless, in the reflection,
> they're *in* focus because the orb is in focus!

It's completely correct from both the raytracing and the physical
standpoint.  If you'd magnify the view of the reflection so the building
are of comparable size to those in direct view you'd see the blur.

The blur on the building extends less than 1/10 of the height of a
'window' - and the windows in the reflection are only a few pixel high...

If you expect stronger blur in the reflection that usually is reflection
blur and not focal blur.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______