POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2 beta : Re: MegaPOV 1.2 beta Server Time
2 Jun 2024 01:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.2 beta
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Jun 2005 09:40:01
Message: <d847v9$8oh$1@chho.imagico.de>
Tom York wrote:

> Similar result here. I also tried out some of the adaptive radiosity
> features on an existing project. They're fast. Very fast!

Note while it is possible that the radiosity patches enable you to do
much faster renders in some cases there is no magic in there - faster
renders often also mean lower quality results and you still need time
for good quality.

The effect of the adaptive error_bound is a bit similar to minimum_reuse
- but less prone to blatant errors and better to control.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______