POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lotw improved [280k] : Re: lotw improved [280k] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lotw improved [280k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 May 2005 18:10:01
Message: <d5rba8$env$1@chho.imagico.de>
James Buddenhagen wrote:
> Wonderful picture!
>
> Some comments:  The clouds are not a problem for me.  They would be unusual in
> the desert
> but often there are clouds in the desert, see photos taken in the southwest of
> USA
> I attached for comparison. The moutain on the far left doesn't seem realistic
> to me, and seems a bit too faded out. (On the other hand, Shiprock New Mexico
> looks a
> bit like that mountain, and it doesn't look real when you see it in person!).

Thanks for the reference pictures.  Note this is not really the type of
clouds i am aiming at - it is more the instable, windy weather type -
see for example:

http://www.wolkenatlas.de/wolken/wo05902.htm

> But don't change it too much.  In my opinion composition is just as important,
> if not
> more important, than realism.

Yes, but it is interesting to test variations and see how changing
individual things changes the overall impression.  Often the first
version is stays the best of course.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______