POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lotw improved [280k] : Re: lotw improved [280k] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lotw improved [280k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 May 2005 17:40:02
Message: <d5r9ls$eac$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jim Charter wrote:

> As usual with your work, what I am most stuck by is the color and the
> composition.  Those hard, dry tans and olives you favour, accented by
> some blue,... gorgeous.  And the desaturation gives crispness to the the
> black shadows.  And then the way the landscape threads into the
> distance, curving around a bush which obstructs our view, after first
> presenting us with the shaded relief of the water in the
> foreground,...very pleasing.  I also enjoy the careful placement of
> grass tufts in the foreground such that they seem to be a produce of its
> vagaries.

I hope you are aware that placement of bushes and grass is random - i
merely select a version of randomness i find most appealing (you can of
course argue that this is not so much different from actually placing
things manually).

> Your use of noisy iso's to simulate rock is, of course, amazing, but I
> assume that once you have a usable formula, it is simply a matter of
> refinements.  (I have been using, with out the slightess understanding
> of how it works, your code for warping planks in isowood.inc)

The code for the original version can be found on the mentioned page -
feel free to play with it (but of course it is hardly commented so
somewhat difficult to use).  What i changed for the geometry is mostly a
more detained fine stucture in the foreground.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______