POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : user level installation problem : Re: user level installation problem Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:07:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: user level installation problem
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 May 2005 11:10:01
Message: <d5g16t$8u4$1@chho.imagico.de>
AndrewC wrote:
> Install gives no errors, however, when I try to run povray I get the error
> message:
>
> "povray: cannot open the system configuration file
> /usr/local/etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf: No such file or directory"
>
> [...]

There is nothing unexpected in your descriptions - what is your actual
problem?

The above message is not an error message (the word 'error' does not
occur as you might have noticed), it is just the info message that
occur if you did a user installation, this will not prevent POV-Ray to
function correctly.

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______