POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Proceedural Mona Lisa : Re: A Proceedural Mona Lisa Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proceedural Mona Lisa
From: Glen Berry
Date: 16 Jan 2000 04:59:33
Message: <d5WBOPdcd3oKJAbeHbhD4C+h0VSm@4ax.com>
On Sun, 16 Jan 2000 01:27:24 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Unless you have made signifigant improvements TgaMosaic is a far
>superior product. TGADOT had the terrible habit of conveting
>each pixel of the image into an object which created extremely
>large file sizes. TgaMosaic has options for averaging the pixels
>to reduce object count plus it allows for different object types,
>user definable rotations, a built in clock variable for animating
>the image, plus other nifty inhancements. I'm not knocking TGADOT
>mind you but without some serious work it's limitations make
>TgaMosaic a much better choice for modern POV-Ray users.

True, the original TGADOT doesn't have the ability to average pixels
to reduce object count, doesn't have the built-in clock variable, or
rotations, but the source code is readily available for anyone who
wants to port it or add enhancements. I was under the impression that
TgaMosaic wasn't availablie in source code. Am I mistaken?

Later,
Glen Berry