POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling with BCC : Re: Compiling with BCC Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:29:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling with BCC
From: ABX
Date: 30 Sep 2002 02:42:43
Message: <d4sfpug49j2lt52akq49jttha9ncpn1bvp@4ax.com>
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:38:46 -0400, "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote:
> I hate to ask "stupid" or "obvious" questions, but I have to admit that
> I'm anywhere near as quick or perceptive as most of you out there. I was
> just wondering which file to download, and what the general procedure is for
> compiling POV 3.5 with the free Borland compiler.

I have problems with it too. I don't remember what was wrong exactly - I
started to compile with cygwin and djgpp becouse of Borland's errors. I still
plan to force Borland compiler to work so tell me if you could start it (and
how). I'm trying to setup multitarget enviroment on my hardrive - unix, dos
and windows - based on the same set of files.

> I would like to get my
> hands dirty and pull out wires and stick in new stuff and all that, but
> first I have to get a working compile, so any help in this regards would be
> greatly appreciated.

I think DJGPP is much easier to setup, more resources online, familiar zip
picker for download and it base on GCC so larger community to help.

ABX