POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh2 bug? [JPG, 800 x 600, 42881 bytes] : Re: Mesh2 bug? [JPG, 800 x 600, 42881 bytes] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:08:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 bug? [JPG, 800 x 600, 42881 bytes]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Apr 2005 05:55:02
Message: <d4fq5j$g1u$1@chho.imagico.de>

> High!
>
> I finally managed to render a spherical mesh2 section from GeoTIFF
> elevation data... but then a strange artifact shows up: narrow gaps
> between most triangles! How can I get rid of this

It is quite obvious - like others have mentioned - that the triangles
you see a gap between do not share the same vertices like they should.
Note i am talking about *the same* here, not calculated from the same
data.  Apart from the errors this could introduce (and the gaps you see)
this is immensely inefficient - the very purpose of the mesh2 syntax is
to avoid specifying the same vertices several times.

Note there is no need to code something new - Ingo's MMMM-macros
(http://members.home.nl/seedseven/) can be used for this.

Christoph