POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Extreme radiosity artifacts? : Re: Extreme radiosity artifacts? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extreme radiosity artifacts?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Apr 2005 15:30:02
Message: <d3rp19$4cs$1@chho.imagico.de>
Bill Hails wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm playing around with radiosity and media.
> This is a test render for a component of a
> scene I'm working on.
>
> I'm not assuming this is a bug, just my total lack of
> knowlege about radiosity :-)
>
> I have
>     radiosity {
>         Rad_Settings(Radiosity_Normal, true, true)
>     }

Well - these settings are not very suited for a very difficult situation
for radiosity like this.  It would probably help to start more simple,
no normal, constant media, no ior.

Note you will have to use a high enough max_trace_level as well.  A more
difficult (but quite useful) approach is to use a no-media,
no-reflection and no-ior variant of the objects for radiosity.  This can
be done with the no_radiosity flag in MegaPOV.

Christoph