POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV getting final frame (mech) : Re: MegaPOV getting final frame (mech) Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:32:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV getting final frame (mech)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 9 Apr 2005 06:30:02
Message: <d38apa$853$1@chho.imagico.de>
PerFnurt wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I'm really new to MegaPOV, and I have some trouble understanding how to get
> the mechism thingie to work as I want it to ;-)
>
> For example, using the cloth.pov sample, is there a way to generate the
> final image (or an arbitrary frame) without having to render all previous
> images between the first and the last?

As Jaap said you can generate the final image without *rendering* every
frame but not without simulating the whole time (this is nothing
specific to MegaPOV, it is inherent to any simulation like this).  So
you could do something like:

#if (clock_on)
   (insert the old simulation timing here)
#else
   step_count Frame_Count*Steps
   time_step ...
#end

where 'Steps' is the old number of steps per frame and Frame_Count the
number of frames you want to simulate.

Christoph