POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with ASCII matrix read into a mesh2 : Re: Problem with ASCII matrix read into a mesh2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with ASCII matrix read into a mesh2
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 2 Apr 2005 07:25:02
Message: <d2m2tm$t1s$1@chho.imagico.de>

> As I did not (yet) found any understandable definition of the GeoTIFF
> standard, I had to content myself with converting them into ASCII
> matrizes with a vertical resolution of 1 metre.

Oh, come on, there is GDAL: http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/ which
comes with a simple utility program that converts between any formats
supported which includes Geotiff of course as well as PNG and PGM which
can be read by POV-Ray.

> But the result was weird, obviously the float values in the ASCII matrix
> are arranged in a different way than the pixels in the GEO-TIFF file.

You quite obviously got the size of the images wrong by 1-2 pixel.

Christoph