POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Once again - problem with large mesh : Re: Once again - problem with large mesh Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Once again - problem with large mesh
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Apr 2005 12:25:02
Message: <d2k01j$2vv$1@chho.imagico.de>

> Are there ways to speed things up? Christoph Hormann's HF_sphere macro
> would not be an alternative as it renders only complete spheres (unless
> there has been an update meanwhile, of which I don`t know yet), not
> sections.

Just for the record - i did not write the HF_sphere macro in shapes.inc.
  I did however write the IC_HF_Sphere macro in the IsoCSG library and
it will not have any trouble to handle large images and you can also
make the image cover only parts of the sphere without problems (by
modifying the macro or by using IC_HF_Sphere_Function instead).

http://www.tu-bs.de/%7Ey0013390/pov/ic/docu02.html#HF_Sphere
http://www.tu-bs.de/%7Ey0013390/pov/ic/docu02.html#HF_Sphere_Function

Christoph