POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A practical matter : Re: A practical matter Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A practical matter
From: Kyle
Date: 4 Apr 2008 07:04:06
Message: <d26cv35dvbbf6lju9kguu06dsmnm8r2a69@4ax.com>
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:02:19 +0200, "scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:

>Why, you just make it yourself.  Isn't that the stuff where you get a load
>of aluminium filings and rust and then light it?  YOu need a strip of
>magnesium to light it though IIRC from school.

I recall from a "black book" I read once that mixing aluminum filings plus plaster of
paris in a tin can, then allowing it to dry, makes a good incendiary device.  It'd be
hard to light too, but burns
quite hot, from what I read.  The purpose was to burn through support beams holding up
water towers, lookouts, etc.