POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wot no superellipsoids? - Boz_1.jpg : Wot no superellipsoids? - Boz_1.jpg Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Wot no superellipsoids? - Boz_1.jpg
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 29 Oct 2000 15:13:58
Message: <d20pvs0fm3o64uvrv09m55v92tvak2nv84@4ax.com>
My first try at isosurfaces. Just a single pigment on the bricks and noise3d to
gives a rustic brick appearance.  There are plenty of brick wall macros around,
but they tend to have long rendering times so I thought I would try to devise an
Isosurface representation.  The functions used to create the recessed joints are
also used to define the pigment for the bricks and the mortar.
The code used in this wall is available on my website.

rendering time:-  800x600 aa 0.3  took 27m 21s on my PII 350

The character looking over the wall was popular in the UK in the 40s when
everything was in short supply, with the tag "Wot no ****"
Thanks to Quadhall for the spiral Isosurface and to Samuel T Benge and Mike
Williams for their Isosurface tutors.
dav### [at] hamiltonitecom
http://hamiltonite.com/

Post a reply to this message