POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity problem : Re: Radiosity problem Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity problem
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Feb 2005 02:20:02
Message: <cv6p4m$2m5$1@chho.imagico.de>

> High!
>
> After several months, I revisited a project put to hibernation for a
> while... an indoor scene using radiosity (but with a strongly
> illuminated landscape outside). I tried the "Radiosity_IndoorLQ" settin
> form rad_def.inc, but modified it in some ways:

The result seems reasonable for the scene setup but this setup is not
realistic.  The outside environment is too dark compared to the interior

  (so you need to look at the finishes) and the ground is too bright
compared to the sky (it even seems like there is ambient finish on the
ground).

No matter if there is sunlight outside or not it would be realistic for
the windows to be completely overexposed if the corners of the room are
not completely black.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______