POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More landscaping with displace warps [165KB] : Re: More landscaping with displace warps [165KB] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More landscaping with displace warps [165KB]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 18 Feb 2005 12:55:02
Message: <cv5a37$3bi$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> I found a sort of "gold mine" with displacement warps on MegaPOV. Here I
> used a wrinkles pattern as base, displaced with a "sandwich" of several
> other patterns:

Nice.  Note displace warps, esp. type 1 (gradient based) can be quite
slow and this is a problem when used in isosurfaces of course...

Also note that the displace warp is somewhat a deprecated feature.  It
is in current MegaPOV because it is a useful feature but there have been
plans (since the 3.5 development) for a more universal feature allowing
the same efffects (i.e. function warps). Of course it will be possible
to implement a displace warp effect with such a new feature - it would
just require rewriting the code.

And before anyone asks - this has not been implemented until now because
no one found the time to do so - if someone does it (well coded,
including documentation, sample scenes etc.) it will be added of course.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______