POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k] : Re: Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mount St. Helens, smoking [153k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Oct 2004 11:10:01
Message: <cke7ms$3pg$1@chho.imagico.de>
jute wrote:

> Christoph,
>
> your system, while arguably still not perfect (the LOD could be worked on),

What's the problem about that?  Of course the data resolution is limited
but that's something i can hardly influence.

> is simply amazing.  The geometry rendering is one thing, but your
> atmosphere and lighting are incredible as well.  The whole thing has some
> insane educational value -- at least your recent earth images sure sparkle
> *my* imagination far better than any map I saw in school.  How long are the
> current rendering times?

Thanks, render time for the first one was quite slow (because of the
smoke) - the second one was much better optimized and rendered in 4-5
hours (2400x1800).

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______