POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : blob2 : Re: blob2 patch now available Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:40:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blob2 patch now available
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Jul 2003 10:32:24
Message: <cjameshuff-FF840C.09255620072003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>,
 Tom Galvin <tom### [at] imporg> wrote:

> > It is really true, installing from source is a matter of typing a
> > slightly different command at a terminal.
>
> Assuming that the compile is successful, assuming that dependencies are
> local and the correct version, assuming that the user knows what a compiler
> is, assuming that a complier is even installed on the system....

If someone can install the official command line version (which is
needed anyway before doing this), the dependencies are already taken
care of. A binary install would involve more time and work for
assembling and testing, and for very little benefit, especially
considering the level of interest I'm seeing.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/