POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wagon & Hay (108K) : Re: Wagon & Hay (108K) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wagon & Hay (108K)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 2 Jan 2004 16:40:41
Message: <cjameshuff-E0F057.16404102012004@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ff5d467@news.povray.org>,
 Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:

> It's been a while since my last post here, so I thought why not post a
> little WIP :)
>
> Wagon uses IsoWood (although I still have to finetune it and prevent the
> pattern from repeating), hay is a rather simple mesh approach. Wall and
> floor are from some wall generating macros I wrote for the project.
> Radiosity is Radiosity_Debug from rad_def.inc (I'm not *that* patient
> when rendering WIPs *g*).

Everything looks a bit washed out...especially the wood the cart is made
out of. Also, the straw needs work. It appears to be composed of
perfectly straight pieces, all of the same length. Some color variation
would be good too, as well as some irregularity in the shape of the
pile...maybe using a noise-based function to control straw density. This
looks more like straw...hay is greener and leafier, with smaller pieces:
http://www.opread.org/images/hay.jpg
http://www.opread.org/images/straw.jpg
(unfortunately, these are baled, so they don't really show you what a
loose pile looks like)

The stone floor and walls look nice, though a bit loose, like you could
just pull a block out.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/