POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Mega 1.0 with old gui...?? : Re: Mega 1.0 with old gui...?? Server Time
18 May 2024 01:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mega 1.0 with old gui...??
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Jan 2003 21:35:01
Message: <cjameshuff-DEEBCE.21250005012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3E18E338.33E06860@earthlink.net>,
 Ryan Mooney <rdm### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Dots are so boring...

Then why do you use them so much? Seriously, you abuse the ellipsis
(...) even more than I do. I don't think I've ever seen a properly
punctuated sentence written by you.

> My smily face is quicker to draw... No shift key involved... =]

Yes, but you use it *so much*. It has no meaning or content, it is
noise. Emoticons should be used to indicate emotion, not as chaotic
punctuation.

> I have no agreement to conform... If you really hate it do not read it if you
> like...
> It is how i like to write and personalize my writing...
> Sorry... =[

So, you don't want to make it easy for people to read your messages? Why
bother writing them?
Believe me, your messages do have a very distinct "flavor", a very bad
and annoying one. Conformity in this context is simply to make
communication possible, if you want to communicate, it is only logical
to conform to the standards for that communication. What you do is just
foolishness, your messages degenerate into near gibberish.

> BTW... WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MY QUESTION...

Absolutely nothing. Wasn't that clear?

> It has been a few months since i have received a straightforward, and or
> complete answer to a question or problem i have posted... ??

Maybe people keep complaining instead of answering because your messages
are irritating?
If you want people to read and respond, it is a good idea to at least
try to use make your messages readable. If you don't (because it is
"boring"?!?), you have no grounds to complain about the responses you do
get.
You said above, "If you really hate it do not read it if you like..."
I won't. If it continues, I will assume you really don't want me to read
your messages, and put you in my killfile, so you won't get help from
me. Others may be more tolerant, but there aren't many Mac people here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/