POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elsa's cat : Re: Elsa's cat Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elsa's cat
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Apr 2004 08:21:06
Message: <cjameshuff-D4D383.08200226042004@news.povray.org>
In article <408a2375@news.povray.org>,
 "Remy Closset" <NOS### [at] tiscalifr> wrote:

> Elsa has drawn a cat. She is now 6 1/2 years old. She begins to understand
> english words, and so she can use moray herself  hardly alone.

Looks like a cat! I agree with Jim on the observation...lots of detail
in there. Most children that age would be using something closer to two
spheres with peg-legs and a stick tail.

Interesting...most people would probably spend hours with a patch or
mesh modeller trying to exactly model (and texture!) an actual cat, and
end up with something much less recognizable as one. This isn't a
photorealistic reproduction of a cat...it's just a cat.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/