POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available : Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available Server Time
5 Oct 2024 05:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: MegaPOV 1.0 available
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 31 Dec 2002 21:47:35
Message: <cjameshuff-D419D9.21431931122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <1fo34gi.tdwxvc1ys7g0kN%yvos.s@gmx.net>,
 yvo### [at] gmxnet (Yvo Smellenbergh) wrote:

> We do know users want it but the MP-Team voted against readding the mp
> 0.7 version.
> So, you will have to look out for a next version.

I've been thinking about this for a while...one thing I've always wanted
was a way to create different "buffers" for filter input and output.
That way, you could run two different filters on the raw image, and
combine them with another filter, or output multiple processed versions
of the same image.
Also, user-defined filters would be nice, but POV functions aren't very
flexible, something like G would be better...I could get it into working
order if there is interest. Actually, G could drive most of the image
processing...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/