POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city extended : Re: city extended Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city extended
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2004 21:45:04
Message: <cjameshuff-CEDF5E.21454823022004@news.povray.org>
In article <4037cf4f@news.povray.org>, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom>
wrote:

> Compared to the short one, I've increased the isosurface accuracy, added some
> birds in the distance, and put a windows texture on which allows different
> window styles on different buildings. And those small changes have more than
> doubled the amount of code!

Neat. But...it looks more familiar, so you can see the flaws (or at
least differences from any city on Earth) more easily. The first one
just looked alien or super-futuristic...familiar enough to be recognized
as a city, but so different that any flaws weren't perceived as
such...at least by me. This...well, the roofs look funny. It looks much
like a present-day city, but there should be objects on the roofs,
raised portions near the edges, varying textures...it didn't look odd
for the first one, but it looks odd here.

Still...very, very impressive effect, especially given the tiny amount
of code used. Nice sky...I like the birds, too.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/